Thursday, April 16, 2015

In my Speakers

Apparently I've always been drawn to music...my parents often reminisce about "little Shalon" disappearing at live concerts only to be found at the foot of the stage clapping and bobbing my head to the music especially Frankie Beverly and MaZe. My dad was a DJ back in the day so our house was/ is always bumping music and now that I've got my own space it's no different..My musical ear however...is...Don't get it Twisted!! Frankie Beverly and Maze will ALWAYS get me going...as will Kool and the Gang...Earth, Wind & Fire...and the likes...

Lately though  I've been enjoying more mellow like music...actually the verbs to properly describe what I'm listening to as of late escape me. It all started with a Sam Smith station on Pandora, I added Jhene Aiko and by weeding out of some Pink Floyd, Akon, Chris Brown and FKA Twigs I got this crazy awesome mix that I love...Let me know what you think...

Alina Baraz & Galamatias 






Lapsley


Marian Hill


The Hics


Flume & Chet Faker


FTSE



Banks



Fetty Woop (Sorry not Sorry) oh and NaturallyEsquire! Thanks for exposing me to this months ago!! I admit I didn't appreciate it then but now I love it Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!


*Disclaimer- I decided to post the lyrics because I don't know what foolishness may lie in the official video...but then I thought...I don't know the words to this song either so that might be just as bad...so if you're listening to Fetty Wopp....just let it play in the background...you'll be up dancing anyway so Enjoy...NoT FoR COnTenT!!




Just a few of my favorites..If you would like me to share my Sam Smith Station on Pandora with you send me your email. I'd be happy to do so!! Happy Listening :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment