Monday, September 9, 2013

Bum Knee Bummed Me

So I hurt myself on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at around 7 o'clock at night. It was a cloudy night still light outside with about a 60% chance of rain and I just got home from being out somewhere and was trying to figure out what I wanted to eat for dinner. Then it dawned on me I had the Amish bread starter that my mom gave me which makes awesome bread and some slices of pepperoni like sandwich style pepperoni and some cheese my refrigerator and I wanted to have pepperoni bread for dinner.

Problem was I was still training or attempting to stay on track to train for a 5K that I'm supposed to run at the end of September and I hadn't run at all that week I knew that if I didn't get this run in that day then I would be behind on my schedule and I would feel guilty about eating the pepperoni bread without working out. I also was on the market for some new running shoes since the ones I have been running with a were well over 2-3 years old but I hadn't  found a pair to replace them yet so instead of putting on the old sneakers I put on another pair of sneakers that I had never ran in before and proceeded to go out for my run.

Besides a couple shinsplints I was good I was on my run was 20 minutes in and doing good and then all of a sudden out of nowhere I fell... I tripped...I don't know whether I tripped over my foot I don't know whether I tripped over the sewer top in the middle of the street I don't know.I have no clue I'll all I know is I fell.

I grabbed my left leg and I could feel that something was not right it felt like someone had punched my knee all the in. the back my leg was bowed it was disgusting so I screamed for help and luckily a guy was sitting on his step down the street he ran over to me and he grabbed my dog and asked what he could do to help. I happened to look down at my knee and it just wasn't there! my leg was so gross I don't even how to explain it.  my kneecap wasn't in the right spot and There was a horizontal valley where my kneecap should have been...I couldn't move and it was very very very painful the screams that I screamed I don't know if they were more so Out of pain out of shock out of disbelief I don't know it was just bad

I called an ambulance and the guy stopped a cop who was roaming down the street. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital Where I found out that I dislocated my knee and possibly tore at least two ligaments and fractured a bone. In the emergency room they reset my knee... put me in a brace and checked to make sure that my that the circulation of the blood in my leg remained and sent me home to rest for 10 to 14 days before I could see sports medicine doctor.

Crazy coincidence or not! one of my friends stopped by my house to pick up some clothes for me and the day that I was discharged from the hospital also happened to be the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans and what shirt did I happen to be wearing but my St. Bernard project volunteer shirt!! 


 And so here I sit...on my couch as I have been sitting since Thursday, August 29, 2013

I had my MRI done yesterday so I should know tomorrow what's going off my leg and for all of you guys who've been asking for pics I'm going to post below the pictures of my legs it's really gross but it's really cool at the same time I cannot believe how huge my knee looks...

SOME MAY FIND THE PICTURES CONTAINED BELOW DISTURBING... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!





My left knee is no lie to 2.5 times bigger than my uninjured right knee!



No comments:

Post a Comment