Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Light dinner for one!

After doubles at Movez class tonight, I was hungry but didn't feel like cooking and the leftover jerk salmon, mashed potatoes and broccoli I had in the fridge seemed too heavy for 10:30pm. 

What's a girl to do?!

Make a salad of course...but not just any ole salad...Tuna salad sans mayo (I have a strong distaste for all condiments except BBQ sauce; it's serious...I don't like the look, the smell and don't expect me to touch it...why is French's mustard the same color as the yellow Crayola crayon? And why does mayo smell like glue? Anywho I digress)

Tuna Salad over Arugula with Simple Lemon Dressing

Ingredients

1 can of tuna (Whole Foods Albacore in water)
1/4 small red onion diced small
1 stalk of celery diced small
Jalapeño diced small (amount depends in how spicy you like it)
8 basil leaves- rolled up and chopped...I can't think of the fancy name for this chopping style
1 garlic clove diced small
1/2 lemon worth of lemon juice 
2 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Arugula

Directions
1. Place tuna in a bowl and use a fork to flake into tiny pieces
2. Add onion, celery, jalapeño, basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt an pepper to bowl
3. Mix well and serve over arugula



Tadaaaaa! Dinner....oh the simple lemon dressing is to squeeze a little extra lemon over the completed salad.

I enjoyed this with a glass of Lambrusco you can drink what you please! 

Hope you enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment