Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Cornbread Muffins with a little Extra Sum'n Sum'n

One Pinterest night, I stumbled upon a picture of some broccoli stuffed cornbread muffins. This image stuck in my head and then the thought of cornbread made me think of Corn Dogs and finally I had a chance to merge my ideas together to come up with [insert fancy name here] Follow below for the how-to...


Ingredients
Cornbread Mix (I used Trader Joe's brand)
^needs 1 egg, 1/2 c. oil (I used olive oil) and 3/4 c. Milk (I used soy milk)
1 head of broccoli (chopped)
small onion (diced)
1/2 pack of Beef Kielbasa (diced)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Garlic Powder
Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tbsp honey
Salt

Combine the wet ingredients (egg, oil, milk, honey) and seasonings together in a large bowl and whisk. Add dry cornbread mix, broccoli, sausage, onion and cheese...


Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until Just combined...


Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan...


Bake in the oven per the packages instructions...I think this was in a preheated 350* oven for about 25 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean....VoiLa!

No comments:

Post a Comment