Monday, November 17, 2014

Coconut Red Curry for Dinner!!

Looking for something quick fast, easy, cheap and delicious to eat for dinner! How about Coconut Red Curry with Chicken over Rice...I'm gonna work on the names I give these dishes because I don't like the flow of that very well but this meal was easy enough to make.

What I used:
Coconut oil
7 chicken tenders (raw and cut into squares)
1/2 white onion (sliced)
ginger (sliced into strips)
6 garlic cloves
can of coconut milk
large head of broccoli (from Farmer's market)
bag of frozen stir fry vegetables
fresh Thai basil (from my garden)
cooked rice

What I did:
***I put the rice in the rice cooker first so everything would be done at the same time***
1. In a large skillet heat coconut oil over medium heat until it smokes a little. 
2. Add the onion garlic and ginger to the pain and cook until you smell it (about 2 minutes)
3. Add in the chicken breast and cook until the outside of the chicken pieces turns white (some brown spots are ok but you don't want to cook the chicken all the way through just yet)
4. Add the Red Curry Paste (I added about half of the jar, it depends on your taste buds...it can be spicy) and Coconut milk to the pot, cover and turn down the heat (this will cook the chicken through...simmer for about 5-7 minutes)
***During this time I washed and cut up my fresh broccoli***
5. Add the frozen stir fry vegetables and the fresh broccoli cover again until the vegetables are heated thoroughly...and season to taste (I substituted salt with soy sauce and added cayenne pepper...because I wanted it super spicy)
6. Serve over rice and top with Thai basil!!

That's it...let me know if you guys like this kind of stuff...I'll try to take and post more pictures as I'm cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment