Monday, November 24, 2014

HaiR caRe eTc.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get this to you guys...I wanted to really get a feel for the You Be-Natural Luster's Line and form my opinion throughly before I gave you my opinion of it. A few weeks ago I attended the Luster's You-Be Natural launch party in Baltimore County I was meeting a friend and I got there before her so I went in and just kind of walked around and looked at things Tracie told me about the event but I didn't know how the event was set up...There were demonstrations and manicures and massages going on but I didn't know if there was a charge for any of it and I didn't have cash...there were trays of food being walked around there was a bar. I just didn't know what was going on so I decided to stand at the demonstration section and read the posters...it looked like I had just missed the live demo but the tools were still on the table with product as if to say "try for yourself" so I did...






...well I was showing a lady how I understood these things to work my friends Tracie and her friend Tendai arrived. We mingled around a bit until we ran into one of Tracie's family members who happens to be an employee for the Luster's brand. I was introduced to her, who in turn introduced me to their social media person. She asked if any of us blogged and I responded with...why yes I actually just revived my blog and I'd be happy to blog about tonight. I gave her my information and hopefully in the near future my picture will show up on their website and I can have a link for you guys.

The event was so much fun though...the music was the best part...I was jammin...twirling and all...♪She's a brick...dundundun...hausssssss dernderndern ooo she's mightay mightayyy♫ lol It was old school night up in there...I felt like it was cleaning day back at my parents house. We took pics in the photo booth...Sorry I don't have the print out or I would show you! And we received goodie bags (see what Tendai is holding in the picture above) Here's what was in the goodie bag...

Peep my Chlobabez in the corner being cute!

I couldn't wait to try the products...but I had just colored my hair and didn't want to unnecessarily wash my hair (i.e.-the color out) so I waited until wash day and used the Tangle Me Knot Shampoo. I was cautious because I'm used to only using Deva Curl No Poo so it was strange to have lather...but it was a nice thick and soothing  lather. I washed twice then used their Mayonaisse Conditioner which hydrated my curls for sure...here's what my hair looked like after rinsing the conditioner...


What was weird to me was that my curls were so *clumped* together for lack of better wording...my hair wasn't frizzy at all...it was like each curl found a group of curls to be curly with...I loved it!  I don't have a picture but I added the soft curls curling creme and let my hair air dry that day and if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you'll recall this picture...


Conclusions: I liked the You Be Natural Shampoo and conditioner when my hair was wet it felt hydrated and looked great...but after it dried with the product in it. It felt brittle...it was like a rough dry...my hair made noise when you rubbed it against itself. This isn't normal for me my hair is always extremely soft. So I do what ever natural girl should do and found what worked for my hair...and it's not the entire line of You Be Natural products....Here's what works for me in the colder seasons
Deva Curl No Poo and One Condition, Oyin Handmade Frank Juice, You Be Natural Curl Shaper and Homemade Whipped Shea Butter
A few days after ^^^that wash...I did a co-wash after yoga with the One Condition then I applied the Curl Shaper and Whipped shea butter...in that order...then combed through and flat twisted into 8 big flat twist...I unraveled with the Defrizz, Define and Shine Serum and ended up with this...

The ouTcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment