Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Still High off of this Weekend....

So I told you guys about Friday night...after being old ladies, my friends and I turned in at around 11:30pm (no judgement...we're all very productive ladies!)

Saturday was fun too...I started with an early brunch (is that redundant?) anywho...my friend made Panettone French Toast with a mascarpone cream topped with almonds...OMG!! It was sooo good...I swear when I start my restaurant said friend will be a guest chef! So yea we did that...sorry I don't have a picture..I was hungry and it smelled so good while she was cooking it I dove right in...then when I thought about taking the picture the presentation was ruined and I wouldn't do her like that so I'll just savor the image of deliciousness and you all can just trust that it was good!

Then we attended the Boulevard of Chic at the Harbor...It was a beautiful day to be outside, walking around, trying hand creams, looking at fashion,  ...on trucks...drinking hot caramel apple cider

SideBar- When did Fashion Trucks become a thing??

I'm not quite sure how I feel about them...on one hand I think it's cool that you can travel around with your merchandise...especially if you are a designer...your store follows you around...but on the down side...it's a truck! If there was another person on it it was hard to turn around without hitting somebody in the face with a hanger or elbow which was kind of a turn off to me but the event looked very successful. I'm not sure how often they do these fashion truck rally's but I'd do it again...

Then we went to one of our favorite stores ULTA just because it's one of our favorite stores..and I was looking for a lipstick to wear with my new hair color courtesy of Kurt...who is an amazing amazing hair dresser (more on him later). I didn't find a lipstick at Ulta but I did discover something...next time you're browsing in Ulta...browse with a purpose...we found a whole line of products that were 75% off. Granted the makeup line wasn't for women of color..it was still 75% off! I found a really nice red lip pencil to go with my Ruby Woo for $5...Score! We also tried on colored mascara (think hunter green, royal blue, purple)...I sense this being a thing very soon...
New Purple hair...finally got a good picture (lighting wise)
DSW was next! I need some new boots and like 5 weeks ago when boots were being stocked I found the perfect pair...but the way my bank account was set up...I had to walk away...and damnit! when I was ready to get them...they weren't there...oh the size 11 wide calf struggle. I did get some cute rain/snow boots that I know I'll be needing in a few weeks (days if the rumors are true)...

I can and can't wait to wear them...PS- DSW is having a buy 2 get 30% sale until midnight...use code 30today We made a few more stops including a French pastry shop, Marshall's and Forever 21...I ended the night with an entire season of Key and Peele and a sweet potato pie from McDonalds lol...it was a good Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment